Our client Walker construction were tasked to complete the 278 sections of the expansion with WTM providing all of the traffic management required. This was a challenging project to be involved in due to the design difficulties to maintain excess and egress required for various hubs into and around Ashford including the international station and a diversion route that encompassed the A2070 a busy dual carriageway section that approaches the M20 Junction 10 roundabout. Liaison with both local council and Highways England was required as TM was needed on combined network sections.
WTM services were as follows:-
- 12a/b High speed lane 1 and 2 closures
- 12d portable traffic signals
- 12d stop go traffic management
- Application with local council for the implementation of a TTRO for both speed reduction and a road closure & diversion
- 4 hourly site maintenance 24 hrs a day 7 days a week
- Traffic marshalling on construction site entrances.