WTM were involved from the design stage with several obstacles to work round when designing and programming in this project due to a primary school and bus stops located in the centre of site as well as periodical total closure of the M20 which used the A20 as the main division route. Another issue was maintain road widths and sideways safety zones during surfacing works we achieved this by using a convoy system.
The traffic management that was required for this project was:-
- 12d portable traffic lights
- 12d Stop Go traffic management
- Application with local council for the implementation of a TTRO for a road closure & diversion
- Site maintenance 24 hrs a day 7 days a week
- Traffic marshalling on construction site entrances.
- 12d Convoy works
- 12d Priority system